How to pack books
How moving company pack books
Packing books might seems like an easy task, but our packing experts have shared several tips for you to consider when packing up your book collection.
- Use a small sturdy box – a box of books can get heavy quickly, so using a smaller but sturdy box can help to distribute the weight which most moving company experts always consider.
- Secure the bottom of the box – Packing tape layered around the box seam and edges can add support to a heavy box of books.
- Line the box – Create a layer around the covers of your book collection by lining the box with newsprint paper.
- Organize books by size – Grouping your books by size makes them easier to place in the box while you pack.
- Wrap rare collections separately – Individually wrap your rare collectibles, and consider whether to move this with you, rather than in a moving van.
- Pack the box – Place your books in the box on their edge, alternating the bound edges. (See video: How to Pack Books)
- Fill in any gaps – Use crumpled packing paper to fill in any gaps between the books and box sides.
- Secure the top of the box – Close and seal the top seam of the box with a couple of layers of packing tape.
- Label the box – Using a dark, permanent marker, label the sides of your box with the contents